YuGiCo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

New Matter-Antimatter monster concept: Suggestions needed!
Brawler_1337 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 10:04:53 AM(UTC)

Groups:

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hey guys! I'm sure most of you have seen my current set project: Matter/Antimatter. Yeah, I'll get to some regular effect monsters soon, but right now I have an idea for another Synchro monster that harkens back to Meklords.

Here's the thing as it currently is on YCM:

Pic credit to Father Wolf on YCM

Yeah, as you can see, he works a lot like the Meklord Emperors. He's low level with high ATK, and he absorbs a specific card type. The difference here is that, unlike the Emperors who steal Synchro Monsters as Equip Spells, Virel steals Xyz Monsters as Xyz Material. A powerful ability, perhaps balanced off by its requirement of a Rank 1 Xyz Monster as its other material (since those are so hard to get out right now).

Also note that it doesn't detach the remaining materials. This is important, since Archlord Seraphon feeds off of detached materials. If Virel detached the materials, that would be one or two more free materials for Seraphon, and you probably get to banish all Level 7 or higher or Rank 5 or lower monsters your opponent controls on that same turn. This would be ridiculous. Hence the word "send" in place of "detach."

Trouble is, I'm a little stuck on a detaching effect this guy would have, and also the obligatory ATK increase from the materials. This thing seems powerful enough as is, and I don't want to make him so powerful that it's just stupid. I'd like to try to keep a sense of balance with these guys. I'd like them to be kind of competitive, but not ridiculous like everything else in the meta is.

So, please send in some suggestions on where to go with this guy. I'm really liking him so far, and I want him to turn out well. I'd really appreciate a little advice.
Kojakbeistel Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:34:15 AM(UTC)

Groups:

I would actually like to see this monster not send the Xyz material to the graveyard, but instead attach the entire Xyz monster. That would allow this card to send the XYZ monster to the grave and possibly inflict Life Points based on the amount of XYZ Material attached, or possibly destroy that many cards.
Brawler_1337 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:53:27 PM(UTC)

Groups:

That might be a little too powerful, considering this guy will likely get an ATK boost based on the Xyz Materials attached to him. I think just the top card is good enough. After all, you are getting rid of an entire monster on your opponent's side of the field.
I'm still not set as to what the detaching effect might be. Could be Life Point damage, could be something else. I've already done destruction with Ascendant Dragon, Special Summoning with Burning Samurai, and banishing with Archlord Seraphon. Maybe he could have multiple effects, one of which is altering the Ranks of monsters you control. This guy is a Tuner, after all, and he's part of an archetype which Synchros with Xyz monsters.
Brawler_1337 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:14:47 AM(UTC)

Groups:

Bump for ideas.
dragonnathan025 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 07, 2012 6:42:45 AM(UTC)

Groups:

Well, when you consider he takes 4 level 1 monsters to make (as all current rank 1 monsters take 3 level 1s), at least one of them being a tuner, you can work on his effect. Really, it would take Level Eaters, Glow-Up Bulb (which is banned in current meta), and maybe something like Tuningware, if you're going off the old Synchron decks. So, while it may seem easy to get in that game, it is still extremely condition, susceptible to Bottomless, Compulse, and the sort. What I'm trying to get at is, you can make its effect good, because it is extremely hard to get out. Looking at Shooting Quasar to see what I mean. So, it's effect could be something like "This card gains X00 ATK for each Xyz Material on it" or "You can detach one Xyz Material from this monster to deal X00 damage to target player" or "You can detach one Xyz Material from this monster to flip target monster to face-up Attack Position (Flip effects do not activate at this time), and have that monster lose X00 ATK." Something like that, because each of these effects have more or less been used by other, easier to pull out cards. Simply remove the "Once per turn" limit, and you will have this card able to keep up with current meta games.
My Wants
My Haves
If you want anything that I have, it's also for sale, we'll just set something up on eBay, or send the money in the mail.
Brawler_1337 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2012 7:28:11 PM(UTC)

Groups:

I forgot to update this. The card is complete. The finished product:

1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner Xyz Monster
Xyz monsters that are used as Synchro Material Monsters for the Synchro Summon of this card have their Ranks treated as their Levels. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster; send that target's Xyz Materials to the Graveyard (if any), then attach that target to this card as an Xyz Material (max. 1). This card gains ATK equal to the attached Xyz Material's ATK. Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target up to 2 "Matter" or "Antimatter" monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon the Xyz Material, then attach those targets (if any) to that monster as Xyz Materials. It cannot attack or be used as a Synchro Material Monster this turn, and its effects are negated until the End Phase.